Saturday Mornings at the Farmers' Market

On a quest to find a go-to spot for my fresh vegetables and fruits I discovered quite randomly the NAMDEVCO Farmers' Market at the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries's spacious compound located in Central Trinidad.
The minute I stepped into the tented market area an aura of liveliness and tempo greeted me. My senses were met with the myriad of colours, scents and the sounds of chatter between customers and vendors.  I immersed myself to explore and was very pleased to find that the produce was fresh, reasonably priced and had everything I was looking for and then some.




To my surprise vegetables and fruits weren't the only offerings available at the market. I found local coffee, cocoa, honey, artisan bread, oils, spices , plants and handcrafted jewelry. Maybe it's my bon vivant nature but these are the details which made the overall experience more engaging and quite frankly, thrilling for me.  





Can we please take a moment to appreciate the beautiful packaging for this cleverly named coconut oil?

10 Things to know about the Central NAMDEVCO Farmers' Market

  1. The market happens every Saturday from 6am to noon.
  2. The market is located at the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries compound on Narsaloo Ramaya Marg Road, Chaguanas.
  3. Get there early ! - for the early pick of produce and parking.
  4. You can find a wide range of vegetables and fruits. 
  5. Specialty and gourmet food items are available.
  6. Prices are comparable. 
  7. Walk with enough cash to indulge - I did not see any card paying facilities available.
  8. Comfortable shopping experience under tents to shade from sun and rain.
  9. There are food vendors present so getting breakfast on location is an option.
  10. Security is stationed to coordinate parking and of course to provide a watchful eye over the entire event.
If you are anything like me who loves the right blend of practicality and being an overall gourmet lover by nature I think this Farmers' Market will definitely hold great appeal to you. 
Have you ever visited ? Tell me about your experience in the comment section below. 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments